Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Caffeine Blues


So, I am on day 5 with no caffeine, and I am losing the will to live.

Many of you know about my long term, love/hate relationship with coffee. It's been a complicated affair, an emotional roller coaster if you will, and recently I finally decided to end it.

Moderation has never really been "my thing," and my most recent coffee binge left me feeling depressed and exhausted. I began a weaning off process by using caffeine pills, and decreasing my daily dosage over a two week period.

And then I had to say goodbye.

So here I am, a little more of a curmudgeon than usual, of course Jen says its just my usual cranky self.

Oh well, one day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Off the juice??? I've gone to a 2
cup a day Starbuck man, and it's easily the most addictive thing in my life. I actually get nervous around major holidays becuase I know that the store closes and I hate making coffee at home. Good luck in your quest...and if you should fall, I'll meet you at Starbucks on Capital Hill and we'll discuss it over a soy latte.